6 Sept 2011

Remakes gone wrong

Almost every Indian has accepted the fact that Bollywood movies are “so-not-original” and their stories are inspired (borrowed) from Hollywood movies and Tamil movies. I am not saying that we lack creativity, but I wish our story writers would work hard on creating something unique and new, where we could proudly say that “Yes! That’s the good movie and it’s not even a remake”.
Okay fine, remakes are good but how much justice they do to the story?
80% of audience comes out of movie hall cursing every possible person who is related to the movie.

1. Deewane hue pagal : I know even reading the name has made u flinch. I am sorry for mentioning such a funny name and more to that such a disastrous movie.Well this Shaheed Kapoor, Akshay Kumar and Suniel Shetty starrer movie tops the chart of “remakes gone wrong” awards. It is a clear remake of one of the best and funniest Hollywood movie ‘There’s something about Mary’ and not to mention its cool cast Cameron Diaz, Matt Dillon and Ben Stiller. At any day I would watch this movie, but the Bollywood remake gives me headache.
 
2. Dil Bole Hadippa : The name is enough for me to recall Rani Mukherjee as a chotu sardar playing cricket in men’s team. The same goes with Hollywood movie She’s the man, where Amanda Bynes sneaks in boys hostel impersonating as her twin brother and joins the boys soccer team. But seriously, Dil Bole Hadippa stands nowhere when it comes to She’s the man. That was the super cool movie and funniest of all. I would recommend this movie to all my readers.
3. God tussi great ho : Everyone has seen Bruce Almighty and not to mentioned how much everyone loved Jim Carrey for his awesome performance. Then Bollywood decides to bring Salman Khan in his place and Amitabh Bacchan as god. Well, they took good cast, but what about the story? It sucked and never reached the height of Bruce Almighty. Some scenes in the movies were headless, pointless and useless. God tussi great ho would have turned into good remake if (and only if) the story writer would have used some creativity.

4. Mere Yaar ki Shaadi hai : If you remember a movie My best friend’s wedding (Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz) not just concept, but also the title is used. Huh!
Mere yaar ki shaadi hai was literally disappointing, leave alone Uday Chopra’s performance. On the other hand, my best friend’s wedding was a cute movie and one of the best performance by Julia Roberts.

So, to all my Indian readers, if you believe all these remakes I have mentioned above sucks and if you haven’t watched the original ones, please watch them, they are far better than remakes.

(PS - I have seen all the movies which I have mentioned above and hence this is my personal view on the remakes).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very True...
-Aniket.

JIM said...

Why they feel the need to remake any great film either in Hollywood or Bollywood is beyond me. I really think it is a lack of creativity...I see them remake classic and will not even watch them.. why would I?? Good post


http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/09/photographing-nature-in-our-yard.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...